Thursday, May 28, 2015

Green Rage 7"


The green rage 7" is one of my favorite militant vegan straight edge albums of all time. Justin O'Hare's lyrics seem very real. A lot of people talked about animal liberation at the time, but to me it always seem that Green Rage really fucking meant what they said. with lyrics such as:

"declaration of war. injustice fuels the hate. your evil makes you weak. your evil is my strength."

I have always loved that line, mostly because I have felt that exact  way many times. This album is important for more than just the lyrics. It was an early adopter (1993) of the classic 90s "chugging" style hardcore and in my eyes, nobody does it better. I have an interview coming up with Trevor O'Hare (the singer Justin's brother) talking about the history of Green Rage, so keep and eye out for that. Also, Green Rage made a demo  before this 7", under the name Uprising. To download that, click here.

Pressing Info


This album's pressing info is pretty damn confusing, if I may say so myself. The fact that I don't own a physical copy at the moment doesn't help either. But here is what Ive gathered.

1st Pressing
Conversion Records
Hand numbered out of 100, green or red "militant vegan cover"




2nd pressing
Conversion Records
Black Vinyl and Green Vinyl






After this pressing, it was released strictly under Very Distribution multiple times with these covers:


To download this album: Click Here

1 comment:

  1. Could you upload Uprising demo? Stuck In The Past's link data had been expired now... Sorry about interrupting you.

    ReplyDelete