Friday, June 5, 2015

Green Rage At The Firestorm Release Show


Yesterday I got a surprise email from Greg Straight Edge, telling me that he had taken some photos of Green Rage performing at the firestorm release show on October 24th, 1993. Needless to say I was very excited. When I opened the email and actually saw the photos, it was mind-blowing. These photos may be the best example of 90s vegan straight edge hardcore that have ever been taken. The lineup for the show that night was Earth Crisis, Outspoken, Chokehold, Bloodlet, Green Rage and Soulstice. Here is what David Agranoff had to say about Green Rage's performance that night:

"When Green Rage came on they blew my mind. You see Justin didn’t seem quite right. The dude just had a crazy look in his eyes. They started the feedback, the drums started pounding that declaration beat. Justin leaned into the crowd and started screaming in his high pitched crazy ass banshee voice. He was threatening the crowd calling them out, telling them to get active. For a moment I thought he was going to kick my ass because I didn’t shoot a vivisector on my way to the show. I think it is that insanity in the vocals that still keeps the 4 songs that band did classic. That is most of what they played. They played a horrid half cover of Nomad off the recently released Sepultura record (which I first heard the night before) and ended with a cover. 'The fucking piece of shit who wrote this song may not still believe in it, but we do,' and the band closed with the best version of Integrity’s “Live It Down” I’ll ever hear."

If you want to read a Dave's full review of this infamous night, Click Here.

Here are the photos:
(Click on photos to see larger)














To download the Green Rage 7": Click Here 

Until next time,
In Your Blood Fanzine

1 comment: